Thursday, March 10, 2011

Living a good corrupt..

There is only one word in the recent few months and weeks that has corrupted my mind to the core, CORRUPTION.

They say, anything overboard, even hatred for that matter, will make you stand against it, and that thought is concocting in my mind. Is it really worth it to strive against Corruption ?

Well anybody who wants to get a passport at the earliest goes by the notion that he has to carry Rs 200 for getting the process moving, and closing it early. So mankind, with its advanced accounting metrics and knowledge has already accounted the extra cost, to the original cost of acquiring a Passport. Big deal?

You might want to ask, such an absurd analogy, but come to think of it. I go to a Pizza corner, and look at the menu for the price that is affordable at my wage rate, but when the bill comes, I always pay a 12% extra as “ TAX”. Now next time, I know how to account this price oscillation, and if 400 is my budget, the food shall be not more than 350 Bucks’

Well what is the difference?

By that means, Taxation, ought to be our greatest tool for corruption? But there is no mention whatsoever for that. Corruption surely needs to be checked, but my opinion, have it in your balance sheet, as a cost. Because, when we can conclude, Corruption to be a certain percentage of our GDP, we can as well for our own benefit, come to accept it as a habit,that we cannot live without.

We loathe corruption because; we do not have the opportunity to do so. It is just like the hyperbole relationship between MTV roadies and the millions of young viewers of the show. You loath it, and the two similar looking aliens on the show, but come Saturday, you are tuned to watch impregnable guys getting absurd treatment from the aliens, like a social experiment. You watch it for the only reason, that If it was me over there, I would have answered better, and I am better than the guy currently aired on video. I loathe it only because I do not have the opportunity to be there. Period.

Next time, in a restaurant charging, Service tax, ask them, if you can take the food all by yourself from the kitchen, and not pay Service tax. Awakening happens then.

No comments: